In order to strengthen mutual understanding and friendship between the Chinese people and people from the whole world, and to develop cooperation and exchange in fields of education, science, culture, economy and trade between China and other countries, Chinese government has set up a series of scholarship schemes to sponsor international students and scholars to undertake studies and research in Chinese institutions of higher education.
The Ministry of Education of China (hereinafter referred to as MOEC) is responsible for the provision of Chinese government scholarships, and it entrusts China Scholarship Council (hereinafter referred to as CSC) to administer the recruitment of international students and the routine management of Chinese Government Scholarship Programs.
HEU is one of the universities in China receiving overseas students, who are pursuing bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree at HEU, under China Government Scholarship Programs. We welcome excellent students, scholars and teachers from all over the world coming to study for higher education at HEU.
1. Remedial Chinese study
According to the regulation stipulated by MOEC, all the programs are instructed in Chinese. Applicants with no command of Chinese are generally required to take 1-year Chinese language courses before starting their academic programs. If the programs could be conducted in English, remedial Chinese study will not be arranged. The duration of scholarship corresponds with the duration of studies determined for the scholarship student at the time of admission.
1) Applicants must be of non-Chinese nationality and in good health.
2) The educational background and age limit:
a. Applicants for undergraduate studies must have completed senior high school with good grade and be under the age of 25.
b. Applicants for master degree studies must have bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
c. Applicants for Doctoral degree studies must have master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
3. Details of the Chinese Government Scholarships
Chinese Government Scholarship is divided into full scholarship and partial scholarship.
1) Full scholarship:
a. exemption of registration and tuition fees, free basic learning materials, and free accommodation.
b. provided with the same free medical care as the Chinese students
c. monthly living allowance is paid to the students at the following rates
(yuan RMB per month):
undergraduates: 1,400 yuan RMB
Chinese language students: 1700 yuan RMB
(Those who have completed two years of undergraduate studies or have qualifications equivalent to completion of undergraduate studies are entitled to 1,400 yuan RMB)
master degree students, general scholars: 1,700 yuan RMB
doctoral degree students, senior scholars: 2,000 yuan RMB
d. settlement subsidy (once only): 1,500 yuan RMB
4. Application Materials
The applicants must fill in and provide the following materials truly and correctly (in duplicate).
1) Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (https://cuecc.com), one original and one photocopy, in Chinese or in English.
2) Highest diploma (notarized photocopy). If applicants are university students or already employed, they should also provide documents of being university students or on-post employees. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with translations in Chinese or in English.
3) Bachelor Degree applicants are required to provide notarized copy of senior high school transcripts. Applicants for other categories of studies also need to provide relevant notarized transcripts. Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with translations in Chinese or in English.
4) A study or research plan in Chinese or in English (no less than 200 words for undergraduates, no less than 500 words for scholars, no less than 800 words for postgraduates).
5) Applicants overseas for master or doctoral degree studies must submit two letters of recommendation in Chinese or in English by professors or associate professors. Applicants who apply in China for master or doctoral degree studies must submit the Admission Notice of the targeted university.
6) Applicants under the age of 18 should submit the legal documents of their legal guardians in China.
7) Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (download from the website: https://cuecc.com, only for those whose period of studies in China lasts up to six months) filled in English. The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. The medical examination results will be valid for 6 months. All applicants are kindly requested to take this factor into consideration while determining the time to take the medical examination.
The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. The medical examination results will be valid for 6 months. All applicants are kindly requested to take this factor into consideration while determining the time to take the medical examination.
The above materials should be submitted to CSC by April 30th each year via either the Chinese diplomatic missions in the applicant’s home country or the embassies in China of the applicant’s country. CSC does not accept individual applications.
5. Approach and Time of Application
The applicants should submit an application to International Exchange & Cooperation Office of HEU before the end of December each year.
HEU International Students Scholarship
Harbin Engineering University Scholarship (short for HEU Scholarship) was established by Harbin Engineering University, aiming to encourage and support excellent foreign students to study at Harbin Engineering University.
International Exchange & Cooperation Office is authorized by Harbin Engineering University to be responsible for the acceptance, review and approval of scholarship applications as well as the annual review of the Scholarship for foreign students who are studying at or applying for admission to Harbin Engineering University.
Students who are applying for Harbin Engineering University must be Non-Chinese citizen or from Hong Kong, Taiwan or Macao.
2. Details of HEU Scholarship
1) Full Scholarship: Free Tuition plus providing with living expenses.
(Standard of Living expense:
Bachelor candidate: 1400yuan RMB /month;
Master candidate: 1700yuan RMB /month;
Doctoral candidate: 2000yuan RMB /month.)
2) First Prize Scholarship: Free tuition.
3) Second Prize Scholarship: 50% deduction from tuition fees.
3. Application Materials
1) Filled in “HEU Application Form for International Students” and “Application Form for HEU Scholarship” (https://cuecc.com);
2) Passport photocopy;
3) The notarized graduation certificate (photocopy);
4) The notarized Transcript of Academic Record（photocopy）;
5) HSK grade certificate copy (except students being taught in English);
6) For students who applied for master or doctoral degree, must provide with student’s degree certificate photocopy, topic of graduation thesis as well as its abstract in English, and the recommendation letters by two professors of the targeted major from the original university (in English or in Chinese).
4. Application Process
1. Keep-on-studying International Students
(1) According to the students’ conditions, they themselves get the “Application Form for HEU International Student Scholarship” from International Students’ Section of the IECO (the application form for short) (which can be downloaded from the website: https://cuecc.com）；
(2) After completing the application form, please submit the complete application form and transcript of last academic year to your college or department. Master or PhD candidates should submit two recommendation letters from two professors or associate professors in the research field as well.
2. New International Students Applying to HEU
（1）According to the their conditions, foreign students apply for admission, at the same time, they should have an application from International Students’ Section of the IECO;
（2）After filling in the application form, please submit the completed application form, photocopy of passport and corresponding transcripts by post to IECO of HEU. The applicants for Master or PhD programs should submit their graduation certificates or diploma, the topic and abstract of graduation thesis as well as two recommendation letters from two professors or associate professors in the relating research fields.
3. The deadline of application is the end of May each year. In general, the assessment of scholarship will be held in June. Please pay attention to the university notice.
4. After finishing the degree program, the keep-on-studying HEU scholarship students, with the excellent achievements and planning to apply for the higher degree at HEU, will have priority to participate in the selection of scholarship.